My Sister in law recently sent me this in an email (below) and took my kids for like 4 hours yesterday!
"I was wondering if you had a day each week that you could use a couple hours without the older kids? My friend and I had a "Kid Swap" each Tuesday/Thursday before I moved back here. It was Awsome! I have Mondays available and was wondering if I could come pick up JJ and B.Boy for few hours. You would still have the new baby, but it would give you a bit to sleep, clean, laundry, shop, scrapbook, whatever you want to do with those hours... they would be yours (And, Baby's). You don't have to take my kids. We'll just get you some extra time and I will get to know my Niece and Nephew! : ) (Which I'm dying to anyway)
Of coarse this is when I get all the phone calls and knocks at the door to destract me from whatever tasks I chose to do, but I still got so soo much done!
- I finally put three piles of laundry away; both folded in drawers and hung in closets.
- I cut down the pile of dirty dishes in the sink.
- I vacuumed!
- I picked up the table tops in my front room.
- I cleaned parts of my bathroom (the sink, toilet, and countertop).
- I sorted and cleaned more laundry.
- I studied the Word a bit.
- I even got to visit with my new nephew! Look how cute! I was there when he was born!!!