Monday, April 07, 2008

My Walk Monday


Hello everyone, I pray that you will find much encouragement here as it is my heart to both grow myself, but also along-side you my sisters! Remember to share in the comments what you are learning in the Lord and, or answer to the question. Here is some of what I have learned this week... first I will start again in my 'Let Go' book...
  • I want to come to Jesus with nothing of my self, I just want Him to see His own beauty and holiness in me.
  • My weaknesses can turn out to be my strengths (through Jesus) if I just accept them humbly.
  • Real surrender is resting in the love of God, as a little baby rests in its mommy's arms.
    • Isn't that I beautiful picture of our God holding us like babies?!
  • Surrender is not a huge heroic laying down of ourselves, it is simply accepting whatever God sends, and not seeking to change it, unless His will is to see it changed.
  • Surrender is full of peace, if we have restlessness and concerns about what we surrendered it was not genuine.
    • This really made me question whether a couple things I have given were fully surrendered or not, I found the answer to be no... you try.
  • Daily death will completely destroy the pain of final death.


These next couple really blessed me because of how I have been feeling lately, it helped me see WHY I am feeling this way...
  • My imagination works overtime, exaggerating terrors of death because my self is fighting to live! Self is trying to get me to hate all kinds of death to make me selfish again instead of selfless!
    • I have really been struggling just the past couple days regarding being needed by everyone in my family and not having time to my SELF, AHHH! Listen to that!
  • "We are tempted to become discouraged and despondent to our present situations. We see our current trials rolling in toward us like great, overpowering, ocean waves. Our hearts fail us with fear at the prospect of drowning. We do not see that we stand within the point at which God, with a steady finger, has drown the boundary line. Beyond that line the waves cannot pass."
    • (1 Corinthians 10:13 - No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.)
    • This reminds me of those giant VERY scaring looking waves on those surfing contests that make me feel claustrophobic just watching the surfers in the middle of the wave! My throat tightens up just typing about it!
    • But it also reminds me of the boundary line my God drew when my son didn't get hit by a car two weeks ago... now this is a God we can trust!
  • Resisting God is the cause of all my distress.
    • Again like I said I have been bothered lately and since this book is in the format of a bunch of personal letters, this part felt like it was just for me!
  • I allow myself to be so locked up within that I have no power to get out of my self.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Psalm 121 is my favorite. It was the very first scripture I memorized on my own and has always been the one I come back to.

God is so good to give us what we need in his word!