Monday, April 21, 2008

My Walk Monday

My Walk Monday

Welcome... I am blessed to have you here.
I don't know about you, but I have had an interesting week. Lately I have been feeling like I got hit by one of those flaming arrows, but so blind-sighted like I don't know WHERE I got hit! I'm just trying to pray more and hopefully God will bring me to some kind of understanding of it.
I have been in the word though - Praise God! I finished reading through James last week and told you I would share everything I learned once I'm done... it's a lot, but here you go, this is exactly how I write as I read...

  • chapter 1
    • v. 2, 3, 19 - God wants to teach me to endure by testing my trust in Him.
    • v. 4 - He wants to grow me and make me mature.
    • v. 6-8 - I need to pray for specifics without doubt or not expect God to work at all.
    • v. 12 - God wants to reward me with a crown when I learn to persevere.
    • v. 13-15 - sin starts in my thoughts as temptations and is accomplished when I act.
    • v. 19, 20 - I must be quiet, listen and not get angry.
    • v. 21 - I must put my self aside.
    • I must be humble and receive the word that saves.
    • v. 22-25 - I must do the word, not just listen to it, then I will be blessed.
    • v. 27 - I want to be true and unstained by the world.
  • chapter 2
    • v. 1-12 - don't show partiality.
    • v. 13 - show more mercy and be less judgmental.
    • v. 22 - God wants met to act on my faith to bring it to perfection.
    • v. 24 - and use my works to justify me. (just-if-i'd never sinned)
  • chapter 3
    • v. 1 - if I want to teach I am asking for a stricter judgement from God.
    • v. 2-6 - I want God to direct my words so then He can also direct my self... I want Him to be my horseman, my pilot, my fire!
    • v. 16 - the disorder and evil in my life is coming from the jealousy and selfish ambition.
    • v. 17 - wisdom from God comes with purity, peace, gentleness, reason, mercy, good fruits, stability, and the ability to follow.
  • chapter 4
    • v. 1 - my selfish pleasures are what cause my battles (both inside & out).
    • v. 2 - I have not because I ask not.
    • v. 3 - or maybe I ask with the wrong motives?
    • v. 4 - am I acting like a friend or enemy of the world? of God?
    • v. 7 - submit to God - resist the devil and he will flee
    • v. 8 - draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
    • v. 11 - If I speak against my brother I judge him.
    • v. 12 - I am taking a position of God when I judge!
    • v. 13-15 - I shouldn't be making my own plans but I should be saying, "If the Lord wills".
  • chapter 5
    • v. 3 - am I storing up treasures on earth?
    • v. 4 - do I owe anyone to anything that would cause them to cry to God against me?
    • v. 7 - a good picture of patience = as the farmer waits for the precious produce.
    • v. 9 - "Do not complain against one another, so that you yourselves may not be judged; behold, the judge is standing right at the door."
    • v. 11 - blessed are those who endure... the Lord is full of compassion and mercy.
    • v. 12 - to not fall under judgement, let your yes be yes and no be no.
    • v. 13-15 - suffering -> pray, cheerful -> sing praise, sick -> have the elders pray and anoint you with oil.
    • v. 16 - to be healed -> confess and pray for one another.
    • v. 19-20 - it is good practice to turn sinners from the error of their ways, it will cover their sins and save them from death.
I have also had devotion time in Ephesians 2, Colossians 3, and Genesis 4, with God showing me...
  • He wants to show me mercy and GREAT love (this was nice because I am still struggling my my disobedience).
  • He wants to show me His kindness.
  • I have hope with Him in this world.
  • I am of His household. (And so are you my dear Christian sisters)
  • God is renewing me to the true knowledge that Christ is all!
  • He wants me to be compassionate, kind, humble, gentle, patient, tolerant, and forgiving.
  • I want to learn better to work with a sincere heart to God, not as a man pleaser... especially with Tackle it Tuesday.
  • I want to give God my first and my best in devotions to Him, not my felt-overs or just a good try, but my BEST!
  • I need to master the sin of keeping my fatty-laziness to myself :o)

This week's Question: What do you run to instead of God? How can you tangibly remedy that?

My Answer: I run to my husband - poor thing!!! God has been showing me to hold my tongue and go to Him in times when I want to go to Joshie. It been hard and wonderful all at the same time. I am just thankful God is slowing guiding me out of this one through obedience and quietness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carolyn,
Keeping you in praying for strength, wisdom, and guidance through your times of feeling “hit by a flaming arrow.” Been here recently - depend on Him, He will see you through.

Sharing His Love, HL

Anonymous said...

shoot- I do not like admitting these things in public, casue tehn I have someone keeping me accountable- that sometimes hurts. Thanks for the question.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the invite :) I didn’t start my diet as i said I was going to, or exercise-now I am headed to work. Won’t get down on myself though, because at least I am finally deciding to do something instead of thinking why bother! In answer to your question, i guess I run to junk food when i am stressed (and sometimes when I am just bored) I need to start praying more and filling that time with exercise instead! well, take care and I look forward to talking with you again-great blog by the way!!