For Scrappin' Sunday we share our "ta-da's" and our "to-do's" to keep us motivated each week. Join me...
TA-DA - I got a lot done this week...
I'll start with what I got done off my to-do list.
Well at least the ones I can take pictures of, because I did make my CTMH order and I did learn most of my camera, but here I made one more Studio J layout!
It's one of my daughter's two layouts for her year of being 4 :).
It's always fun to narrow down a year of favorite photos! The top one in the brown sweaters, they were pretending to be Ewoks. The bottom one was from her poising for "P90x pics" :).
The other things I got done this week are...
- I chose all the photos for the 2 layouts of my older daughter's 5th year. (2nd half are in the layout above)
- I also designed a collage to make an 8x10 flip-book out of. I plan to hide it under an 8x10 pic from the 1st half of those photos. It will be labeled "the things you do"... It is her art projects, her silly things, her buildings, her drawings, and her bad things :).
- I also chose all the photos for the 2 layouts of my younger daughter's 2nd year.
- I started planning the second layout for those photos with a May 2009 PageMaps sketch...
- I also got some "Classic" scrapbooking done. On Saturday I went to my S.I.L.'s house to hang out. Here is the first layout...
Most of the product here is CTMH as well, accept for the lace ribbon, the crystals and the white rub-ons. The line of paper is Perfect Day.
This is the first time I used the technique to bunch my ribbon up like that, and I love it.
Another thing I love is to lightly distress the paper after I put white rub-ons down to make them stand out...
But I only do it with white rub-ons, not any other color.
MMM, I also like to layer my embellishments. Ribbon, flower, bow, button, crystals :)
- Here is the second layout...
Both these classic (non digi) layouts are for my younger daughter's baby/birth to one year album. My other two have their baby album's done. And this one I have 9 out of 22 layouts complete so far.
The colors didn't come out so good on the pics of these layouts - still learning that camera - maybe I need to experiment with the ISO.
The paper used here is not CTMH, but I did use my Twilight colored inkpad (favorite) for these letters and some of my distressing. Along with my Garden Green and my Blush, I always find my ink colors matching right up, I love it!
I used my new CTMH Outdoor Demin marker here - another color that is always perfect that I love.
These are my new Twilight colored corduroy button brads, distressed with twilight ink of coarse!
And these are my all time favorite CTMH photo hangers! love loVE LOVE these, maybe that's why there are three :). I also have the names of my three kids on these three strips of paper, but I don't share their names here on my blog so I blanked them out.
I told you I got a lot done :).
Now onto my running TO-DO list...
- Make a wedding card.
- Scrapbook again this week.
- Plan more layouts.