Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday for Friends- Automobile Meme

Sometimes on Fridays I try to remember my friends in the blogoshere, either by playing along when they tag me (like today) or just by blogging something with them in mind. This really helps me share some Linky Love as well.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kimberly at Altering Life started this Meme and tagged me over a year ago and I am just playing along now. When she tagged me I saved the post knowing I would eventually do it, so here I go... this was a fun one.


Here are the rules...
  1. List all the vehicles you've ever owned, including photos. (I googled mine)
  2. Tag four other people. (Don't forget to tell them you tagged them)
Simple huh?


#1 - I can't remember if my hubby still had this car when we were married, but I know he had it when we knew we belonged together :). I really liked this car, the long front end was perfect for my long/tall 6ft 3" hubby.

It was a 1984 Buick Riviera...
Riviera



#2 - Then my hubby ended up driving around in my car that was like a matchbox to him. This was my first car. My uncle gave it to me in high school before I could even drive. I'm pretty sure my dad put off teaching me because he wanted to use my car and did not want to hand it over. So I got my friend to teach me after I turned 18 - I got my license - I showed my dad and took my truck from him.

I couldn't find the pictures we took after someone hit it while parked out in front of our house. But I did find a scrapbooked paper piecing of it from my honeymoon album :)

This was our little 1989 Toyota pick-up...
Pick-up1

... yes someone hit our PARKED car! God totally used it for good though. We were pregnant with baby number one and this car obviously had no room for a carseat!
We needed a different car and were praying for exactly that - a "different" car. So God - with His sense of humor - let this car get totaled so we could use the money from it to buy a "DIFFERENT" car :). Be careful what you ask for. It was a great truck - thank you Big R!
Pick-up2



#3 - Obviously this is the car we bought in place of the totaled pick-up truck. It belonged to my sister-in-law. Totally perfect timing, she was looking to sell it and our truck money gave her the perfect amount. This was our first "family car" :).

It was a 1997 Mercury Sable...
BlueSable



#4 - While we had the previous car we got pregnant with baby number two and eventually number three. We decided we needed two cars. So we prayed for "another" car. Well... I told you before - God and His sense of humor - be careful what you ask for! He gave us "ANOTHER" car. This one came from friends who had it on their heart to GIVE us their car, totally God!!!

Another 1997 Mercury Sable (just a different color - lol)...
WhiteSable

... we got rid of the white Sable back in 2008 and just this week got rid of the blue Sable as well.



#5 - Back in February of this year - when our blue Sable was giving out on us - we went and bought our first newer car! We needed a bigger car anyway, with baby number four on the way soon, not everyone would have fit in the Sable together.

We got a 2009 Chrysler Town and Country...
chrysler1

... this being my first van I was really afraid I would miss my trunk, but the back here is actually one of my favorite parts. It's nice and open so I can still see and talk to the kids, but it is also not closed in where I am prone to using it as a trash can!!!
chrysler2

... but my WAY favorite part is the fact that we can practically turn this thing into a pick-up! The second and third row seats all go into the floor! My hubby actually picked up a used tv armoire for me with the van - I LOVED it!
chrysler3

Only 5 cars on my list over an eleven year span. You're right Kimberly my list is smaller than your 12 car list! :) Ps. I loved your husband's little LeCar, LOL!!!!


Now onto tagging others to play, shall we?
  1. Jeannette at Counting our Blessing
  2. Lisa at Sweet Chatter that Matters
  3. Rebecca at His Wifie and Their Mommy
  4. Tracy at Tracy's Treasures
  5. Melanie at Through our Children's Eyes
Oops - I tagged one too many - well maybe that will make up for being a year late!




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -




I also wanted to add some photos from our new van experience. I may not have pics of my cars, but I have pics of the people in them :).

This is my daughter the night we bought the van being pre-occupied with gum and a giant balloon...
newvan1

... and my son being pre-occupied with paper :)...
newvan2

... other my younger daughter being pre-occupied with Daddy :)!...
newvan3

... and Daddy being pre-occupied with me?... no - I am happy he's still smiling at me at this point... with all the attitude he puts up with! Sorry hunny and thank You Lord for a patient, understanding (and cute) husband...
newvan4


Here's JJ on our way home in the new Van - way in the back - she seemed kinda lonely...
newvan5

Here's our silly boy happy to be in his new seat...
newvan6

And Mini was excited too...
newvan7


This is Daddy in the new van about a month after we got it on our way home from Jr. High Winter Camp...
newvan8


And here I am on my way to my sister's house with the kids :)...
newvan9



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



Added for some laughs...

5 comments:

Melanie H said...

Thanks for the tag carolyn, it will be like a walk down memory lane. lol

Love the photos of your family.

Tracy said...

LOL on that video, too funny.
I will have to round up some pics of our vehicles.
But I will hopefully get to it before my year is up LOL

More Than Words said...

I totally remember the white car!!! And I forgot that you guys got a new vehicle! Don't you love it??

ANd you look so sassy!!!!

Miss you!

Jeannette said...

Yay! Fun. I'll try to get on this today. I have a very sad picture of my last car being taken away for charity. It was going to cost more to fix than to buy a new car. :0(

Jeannette said...

I tagged you back! I wanna know what makes you grumpy and how you get un-grumpy!
http://goodmorninbeautiful.blogspot.com/2010/05/what-makes-me-grumpy.html