Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Walk Monday

My Walk Monday

God gave my husband a vision when this song was playing in the car (yes while driving!) maybe 5 months ago. I was blessed to witness my husband so on fire for the Lord afterwards, and I always thought the song was kind of amazing, but I could tell it never really hit me as hard as it did my husband ... till today.

God put the song on my heart, so I looked it up on Youtube instead of just listening to it on iTunes. Here it is - Hero by Skillet...



The words have always been amazing to me, but just last night and this morning I have really been going back and forth with my flesh. Praying to not caring ... Fighting to giving up.


Read the lyrics!!!...
I'm just a step away - I'm just a breath away
Losing my faith today - Falling off the edge today

I am just a man - Not superhuman
I'm not superhuman - Someone save me from the hate

It's just another war - Just another family torn
Falling from my faith today - Just a step from the edge
Just another day in the world we live

I need a hero to save me now - I need a hero, save me now
I need a hero to save my life - A hero will save me just in time

I've gotta fight today - To live another day
Speaking my mind today - My voice will be heard today

I've gotta make a stand - But I am just a man
I'm not superhuman - My voice will be heard today

It's just another war - Just another family torn
My voice will be heard today - It's just another kill
The countdown begins to destroy ourselves

I need a hero to save me now - I need a hero, save me now
I need a hero to save my life - A hero will save me just in time

I need a hero to save my life - I need a hero, just in time
Save me just in time, Save me just in time

Who's gonna fight for what's right? Who's gonna help us survive?
We're in the fight of our lives - And we're not ready to die

Who's gonna fight for the weak? Who's gonna make 'em believe?
I've got a hero - I've got a hero, Living in me

I'm gonna fight for what's right - Today I'm speaking my mind
And if it kills me tonight - I will be ready to die

A hero's not afraid to give his life - A hero's gonna save me just in time

I need a hero to save me now - I need a hero, save me now
I need a hero to save my life - A hero will save me just in time

(I need a hero)
Who's gonna fight for what's right? Who's gonna help us survive?

(I need a hero)
Who's gonna fight for the weak? Who's gonna make 'em believe?
I need a hero

I need a hero, A hero's gonna save me just in time


Lord, I'm constantly just a step away from the wrong decisions. I'm just a breath away from doing exactly what my enemy has enticed me to. One way or the other, praying and fighting or not caring and giving up! Last night and this morning I have been on both sides, but the one that effects me most is the one that makes me lose my faith and fall from the edge. The one that makes me fall further from You!

I am just a man, I am nothing. Please save me from hating myself.

This is NOT JUST ANOTHER WAR! I don't want my family torn {now I'm crying}. I fell from my faith today, I took a step in the wrong way, a step in this worldly mess!

I need a hero to save me now. Please be my Hero and save me now.
I need an hero to save this life. I know that You will save me just in time.

But Lord I know if I don't fight I'm only pushing You away. And I know if I give-in to my sin then I only deserve the death that comes within. So Lord today I pray. I'm making my stand even though I'm just a man. My voice will be heard today.

It's just another war, my family WILL NOT be torn. I know what You promise me and I know where to find my strength!!! It won't be another kill, my enemy has NO POWER here! And the only countdown that will begin is the one for him!

You are my Hero. You've saved my life. You've saved me just in time. You help me fight for what's right. You make me survive in this fight for our lives. And Lord, we're ready to die! I know You have more for me, more for my husband... I haven't seen it, but I KNOW it. Our children WILL be warriors in Your kingdom! We WILL be set apart for You - we WILL fight for You! With You we'll fight for the weak, with You we'll make 'em believe.

You are The Hero living in me.

My flesh is ready to die.

No comments: