Friday, March 13, 2009

Lord - take me all the way!



This is another song that God put on my heart while hearing it in the car. It took me a while to remember enough words to look up the lyrics online and actually find the song, I am so glad I did - I LOVE IT!!

It's called 'The Motions' by Matthew West.

Lord, thank You for being faithful to spur me on when I tend to voluntarily put myself in a rut. You know I don't like where I put myself! I don't care how much it's gonna hurt to get out, but I WANT OUT!

Lord, give me and humble and contrite heart, a heart that beats only for You! If I cannot live this life for You then I would rather not live it at all, this world is worthless to me. Lord please help me not to live as this world lives, consumed and distracted...

I only want to be consumed by You with nothing to distract me. I don't wanna turn back again in the future and feel like Satan successfully made me a drone as part of the masses! I am done! I am not going to live like that again, I submit to You Lord and trust that the devil is fleeing because I have and WILL resist him!!! Take me all the way Lord!

I don't wanna go through the motions, I don't wanna go one more day, without Your all consuming passion inside of me! I want to give you EVERYTHING Lord, take it ALL!


4 comments:

Angela said...

What a powerful song and one that I make as my prayer today..Thanks so much for sharing. I can't believe I've never heard it before...((hugs))

Karen said...

That is a great song and I loved what you shared from your heart! You blessed me today...

Natalie Marie Guarascio said...

I love that song Carolyn, very powerful. Love ya!

seesawfaith said...

This is a great song! Wonderful choice this week!