Monday, April 09, 2007

A Blessed Reminder

Back in March I shared some layouts with you from a memorial album I designed for a sweet friend of ours from church. Just a couple of weeks ago he called to say he was going to stop by our house. He came with something stuffed in a pillow case, and a thank you card. Just the thank you in the card would have been enough... but this is what was in the pillow case!!!




It was a wedding gift to him and his late wife. It's an Authentic Thomas Kinkade reproduction titled Home is Where the Heart Is. It's beautiful! This kind gesture brought tears to my eyes. I thought it is so sweet of him to give me something so cherished as a thank you.

But then I realized just how much that album of his wife must have meant to him. And I remembered why I scrapbook for others... to bless them. God has been so good to me to keep me on that track. Now I also have this blessed reminder hanging in my home to keep me from getting discouraged or giving up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome gift!

Do you charge to scrap for other people? If so, how did you get into it?

Anonymous said...

I don't know how else to get a hold of you Brandi... so I hope you visit again and read this reply... You can see my prices for Scrapping for others at www.JoyousCreations.net. I actually got into it because I was praying about being able to stay home with my kids, and God gave me this :o)