Monday, April 06, 2009

My Walk Monday

My Walk Monday
God sent me a friend and gave me a song :)

Tonight I went out to meet a friend for coffee, but we ended up having dinner and a GREAT time of fellowship!!! I have been praying for friends for a while now, and she is definitely a Godsend!

On the way home from dinner I was so blessed that I was praying for her and for our newfound friendship (very exciting)! I also told Jesus that I missed just hangin' out with Him like that, I missed Him :( and wanted to hear His encouragement to me... as I was very encouraged by my friend Natalie.

I turned on the radio and found the one preset station that was not on commercial break and God told me this...

I let time pass and I all bother to do is think of Him, no action, just thoughts, so I get confused and distracted in this world from not checking in with Him, not talking to Him, not listening, just thinking. This is all nothing new, I do it all too often!
God reminded me of the warm fuzzies I get when I draw close to Him like I did tonight. He reminded me to just check all my past at the door, take His hand, listen to His voice, call on Him and walk by His side.

He said to me "If you are lost, you can look and you will find Me, time after time. If you fall I will catch you, I'll be waiting, time after time."

Yep - you know what song I'm talking about! :) God is so sweet!

"Time after Time" by Cyndi Lauper
Here's a pretty piano version...

3 comments:

Beth in NC said...

So sweet Carolyn. Thank you for spurring me to want quiet time with my Lord.

Natalie Marie Guarascio said...

Ahh shucks, this is sweet. I had such a great time too. God knows what we need. (((((HUGS)))))

Angela said...

"If you are lost, you can look and you will find Me, time after time. If you fall I will catch you, I'll be waiting, time after time."

amen amen amen