Thursday, February 15, 2007

My baby in Heaven

It's about time I explained my verse of the week. Job 1:20-21 "Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head, and he fell to the ground and worshiped. He said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked I shall return there. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord." This one is very important to me, as it hits very close to home...

At Christmastime I found out I was pregnant with my third baby, of coarse I was very excited. I even waited to share the news with my husband as a "gift" for Christmas morning. Little did we know that at our first appointment three weeks later we would find out that the baby stopped growing at about 5 weeks. This was very heartbreaking news, and the next week in waiting seemed to feel like eternity. I had another appointment a week later and went in for a scheduled D&C the day after that. The procedure went very well and God assured me that He has my baby with Him. This verse was the first thing to pop in my mind when the hard news came, and it is still comforting as days go by. He has given me two beautiful and wonderful children, and yes has taken away one, but I know that He will also continue to give, and I am blessed to know that.

My encouragement to anyone that happens to know the loss I have gone through, first know that God doesn't only want to take, but He wants to give and give more abundantly than we could ever ask or think. And second look for peace and joy within the memories God has already given you. Just two days after my procedure I went to scrapbook at my church and had the pleasure to start working with my son's birth photos, God filled me with more joy than I can explain to be able to reminisce over my 9 month old right after loosing my baby that is now in Heaven.

No comments: