Saturday, March 27, 2010

What I'm doing Today...

On this beautiful Spring Saturday I am sitting at home and having a great time doing it! :)

I hung out with one of my friends last night and FINALLY got inspired to pick sizes for the pictures my sister took for my living room wall! But we were also talking about how easy it is to change blog designs if you know how to use Photoshop... and she DOES! Look what she made last night! It's not quite how she wants it yet, but I think it's a GREAT first try!...
ArdentHeart




Oh and this is how I am choosing picture sizes :)
I am putting up papers on my wall to see what would be good and what would be bad - you can vote if you'd like :)...

These are 12x12's - I didn't like them, they were too small and lonely...
12x12

12x18's - too close to an 11x17 for me, it looks like I have papers on the wall, lol...
12x18

16x20's - these were my favorite, though when I get the real photos up I might spread them out more :)...
16x20

20x20's - to big and kinda overwhelming...
20x20


This is what the 16x20's look like with "photos" - I photoshopped the pics up there...
16x20W


This is what the 20x20's looked like with the "photos" up - this is how I could tell I liked the 16x20's better because you could see the cropping on the photos themselves from here...
20x20W

I am going to get these printed on some kinda cool foam material as opposed to canvas to save some money. I like the no frame canvas look, but I need it on a budget! :) I am so excited!!!

(Pay no attention to the mess. It's a work in progress. I still need to unpack some boxes. I will scoot over my lamp table to the left and the green chair - that I hope to get reupholstered - and then my kid's new homeschooling table/area will be to the right of that! ;)

SO FUN!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

The other day I actually wondered if you would be changing your blog to make room for baby lol. Btw - have you found out if it's boy or girl yet?

LOVE the 16x20's and what a good idea to photoshop first to see how you like the look. Very smart. I can't wait to see the pictures on the foam - I haven't heard of that before.

Enjoy your Sunday! I spent yesterday in the house too and messed around on my blog some as well.