Monday, March 29, 2010

My Walk Monday

My Walk Monday

I have still been so very blessed by my loving friends this week...
I have really been trying to focus on my actions, notice the problems and change as I go. Even instead of saying "oh there's something I need to work on", or "I'll get to that problem later now that I see it" :).

One of the main things I am convicted with is that some of my close friends as well as my best friend (my husband) are challenging themselves to loose weight together... and me (the pregnant one) eating whatever I want and having terrible cravings... I cause them to stumble and I am putting temptations in front of them that they do NOT need!

"Therefore, if food causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause my brother to stumble." 1 Corinthians 8:13

Not just for my brother, but MORE importantly for my hubby! I have it VERY heavy on my heart to help HIM with this new endeavor!

"Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored." Titus 2 : 3-5

You see I am an example in my church's youth group. I am an example to younger married couples, or even older married couples with less children then me, either way, you get my drift.

I am planning on officially homeschooling my daughter and son come fall... "teaching" at home and I want my kids to pick up "what is good" from my behavior more than just what I am teaching them out of books. I mean I have always been in a position as the "teacher" as their mommy, but now I am officially going to call myself their Teacher as well, and I want to be a good example in all things!

I want them to see me "love my husband" and "loving on them" as a "sensible, pure worker at home"... making sure daddy is eating well will in turn make sure we are all eating well, even pregnant mommy with little baby in her belly... "so that the word of God will not be dishonored"... so that I am not stumbling my brother... so that I am loving how I should... love is a VERB!

No comments: