Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm Menu Planning!!!

Can you believe it??!!??

And I am even looking up new healthy recipes to try.
If you read my previous post you will see why this new Meme is kinda perfect for me. I really hope this will help in forcing me to plan and in accountability purposes... yes I give YOU permission to confront me if you have not seen me Meal Planning every week!! :)

Menu Plan Monday

I am excited - I have a feeling my first week is kinda going to be overkill - like I will have a lot of leftovers, but HEY those are good as well, I just need to make sure my family uses them!!!

Here we go - I plan to plan and shop on Mondays and start the weekly menu on Tuesdays. I also have more flexible plans for breakfast and dinner that I will shop for, but I don't struggle with making those meals, so I will not share the plans :).

These are the dinner plans only.....

Tuesday:
  • Tacos with ground turkey, lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream
  • side - refried beans
Wednesday:
  • Chicken Stir fry over white rice.
Thursday:
Good Friday :):
  • Leftover Day
Saturday:
  • Chicken Taquitos
  • side - spanish rice
Easter Sunday: (Got moved to next Tuesday)
  • Ranch Turkey Burgers - my hubby had a burger when we were out to lunch
  • side - roasted potatoes - so we all had different variations of eggs instead :)
Monday:
Here's some proof of this one :)
Enchiladas

:) I'll cross things out as they get done, and let know how it goes next week when I share my weekly menu plan! :)

3 comments:

More Than Words said...

Hey Carolyn! This is a good idea! I really need something like this too, instead of winging it every day! LOL

Rebecca said...

Yay! You will LOVE it! Planning a left over day is great and some leftovers turn out to be lunches too, depending on what it is. Hope it's great for you. :)

Cook'n said...

Thanks for the great blog. i love cookn and it looks like you do too. Thanks again.