Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Pregnancy Update

Photobucket

Today I am having a nauseous day.
But I am happy to have a new found excitement for my upcoming labor from finally going through my old Birthing Program workbook yesterday.

I am now more focused in my pregnancy. Instead of worrying about having a good labor, I know - no matter what happens - it will be good because of a good attitude.

With my 3rd baby my head was totally NOT in the game. Her birth story is posted if you wanna read it, but I failed to mention that I was freaking out through like the whole thing! At home with the first hard contractions, in the car already giving up, in the hospital room not knowing what to do, and then even more so in labor with fear of the Pitocin. I made bad decisions and now know that I should have refreshed my brain on my Birthing Program then as well. I gave up before I even got started.

"A failure to plan is a plan to fail."

Recently I have been feeling like I don't want to get any bigger. I have been impatient.
It hasn't helped to have comments on how HUGE I am and how I MUST be having twins, and if I say I am not having twins I MUST be lieing! (The woman that said that obviously didn't know any better)... But it has also been hard to have other people be impatient right along with me. I tried to get over it, but it was wearing on my emotional pregnant self :).

I was visiting my friend's blog frequently to look back on her beautiful pregnant pic to give myself some hope and perspective...
... it was how I was showing myself that it was okay to still have 2 months and another possible 10 pounds to go! Isn't she and that baby bump just the most beautiful things?!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now I am excited to have more time to plan. More time to prepare, to make sure my head is "in the game". I know it will be good.

I am preparing the path ahead to fight! I realized right now - still with 7 weeks to go - I need to focus on staying healthy and rested.
  • I need to do my maternity exercises.
  • I need to stay rested, physically, emotionally and mentally.
  • I need to drink more water!
  • And I need to eat more proteins.

Other's weighing in...

1 comment:

L2L said...

You are such a sweetie!!!! What a blessing you are to your children that you are putting so much thought into their life and their birth!!! Don't forget to relax, relax, relax. I read somewhere that stress actually slows the birthing process. You and I chose the same Bible verse," I CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens me!!!" I can't wait to see you holding that bundle of joy!!!!!