Tuesday, June 01, 2010

My Walk Monday

My Walk Monday

It's only been one (long) weekend since my ladies retreat weekend. And I'm gonna be truthful. I've probably read my Bible 2 or 3 times since then.

I read it this morning. Went to a random spot and KNEW my God would speak to me...



"Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying... Thus says the Lord...

Just so will I destroy the pride of Judah and the great pride of Jerusalem. This wicked people, who refuse to listen to My words, who walk in the stubbornness of their hearts and have gone after other gods to serve them and to bow down to them, let them be just like this waistband which is totally worthless. For as the waistband clings to the waist of a man, so I made the whole household of Israel and the whole household of Judah cling to Me, declares the Lord, that they might be for Me a people, for renown, for praise and for glory ; but they did not listen." Jeremiah 13 : 8 - 11

Um ouch! But thank You Lord. I see that You want me to cling to You. You want me to be all Yours, known as Yours for praise and glory. Forgive me for not fixing my eyes on You as you clearly told me to just one week ago. Please help me with my pride and wickedness. Help me with my willingness and stubbornness. Help me not to be self serving and worthless. I know You have shown me it's time to be useful, but I need to be willing. I love You Lord - I am willing.



So at the ladies retreat two weekends ago the Lord showed me specifically to "Fix my eyes on Jesus" Hebrews 12:2. This is how I will learn to be consistent and faithful. He showed me that when I take my eyes off of Him as Peter did to look at the storm when he was faithfully walking on water, that is when he and I begin to fall. The Lord pinpointed this out for me and showed me how to fix pretty much ANY of my struggles!

And know I am reminded that inactivity is disobedience! I need to take the advise I give to my three young children, "please just listen and obey!"

So today I am making sure I practice "slipping away" ("But He Himself would often slip away to the wilderness and pray" Luke 5:16") to fix my eyes on Him. To seek His will and heart in my every circumstance. To focus on how He would react and how He wanted His beloved disciples to react. To thank Him for who He was and is and will always be. To seek to do His ultimate will in my life starting with this obedience to seek after Him and abide in Him.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hello, my friend!!! I'm so glad to see "My Walk Monday" back again! I'll be linking up next week, Lord willing and our internet connection holding! :^)

I agree: I often think of how patient God is with me...especially when I lose patience with my kids! Thanks for the encouragement...and hang out there...er, I mean hang in there for your last few weeks of "expectancy"!!!! ;^)