Wednesday, June 09, 2010

I Tackled!

Tackle It Tuesday Meme
I tackled ALL day yesterday and didn't get done till bedtime, so I am just blogging about it now :).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was only one task and it might seem minimal, but it was HUGE to me and I am very excited to have gotten it done! This is part of my plan NOT to set us up to fail.

"A failure to plan is a plan to fail."

I finally went back through my Bradley Birthing Method workbook we had from the classes we took before our first baby in its entirety.
LaborCards1

The book is 120 plus pages and it has A LOT of information in it!
LaborCards2



I read through the WHOLE thing yesterday. I tried to remember what all really worked for me in labor with my last 3 and what we ended up overlooking. I made notes accordingly.

Here is the book of index cards I made for my coach = my hubby...
LaborCards3

Here is proof of all the work... I know it will be worth it...
LaborCards4 LaborCards5 LaborCards6 LaborCards7 LaborCards8 LaborCards9 LaborCards10 LaborCards11 LaborCards12 LaborCards13 LaborCards14 LaborCards15 LaborCards16 LaborCards17 LaborCards18

... it was exciting to be refreshed on all this info. Now I am actually excited for my upcoming labor experience instead of scared or apprehensive like last time. Now I just have to wait another 7 weeks or so :).



Now here is my Tackle-It TO-DO list...
  1. Pack hospital bag - STARTED...
    - Finish packing hospital bag.
  2. Get kids to doctors appointments - SCHEDULED for June 17th.
  3. Get birth certificates and immunization records - SHIPPED and waiting on shots.
  4. Get a work-space built for homeschooling in the Fall.
  5. Sign-up for general ed. - application COMPLETE and sent in - waiting on return info.

The stuff I finished completely...
  1. Make labor index cards to help hubby coach - DONE!!!

2 comments:

L2L said...

Wow Carolyn, I just showed up, ha ha ha. That is awesome. I had a local my first and natural my last two. I suffered post postpartum with my first but not my last two. I had a friend who was a duola (spelling?) and she helped me use a ball that also helped me concentrate on the pain as well. Not sure if your book covered this or not but with my last, my friend told me to concentrate on keeping the pain in my "lower stomach" area keep it localized and don't let it spread all around my body. That seemed to help me focus through the pain. I'll be praying for you, your baby and your delivery!!!!!!! Waiting with you as well!!!!!!

Rebecca said...

Yay for getting stuff done!! And starting others. That's awesome :)