Monday, March 03, 2008

Scrappin' Sunday

This is the post I meant to write last night when I went crazy instead. :o) On Saturday I went to a crop at my old church, where we had about 20 ladies, that's our biggest turn-out since National Scrapbook Day last year! It was nice to see all the ladies and get something done without my kiddos needing me (thanks again Joshie). Now on to sharing...
TA-DA... I have to make 5 altered paint cans for centerpieces for the Ladies Retreat I am going to this weekend... I got all the paper cut and distressed ready to glue, and I actual got 3 of the cans glued as well! I loved work with the paper on the top left, I crumpled it, inked it, sanded it, and tore it. :o)


TO-DO... know I just have to glue the other two cans, embellish them all, print the theme scripture for the retreat to go on them, and go to the store to get ribbon to tie on all the handles... I should also make some tags to hang on the opposite side of the key like I always do.
This week's Bonus Question: Do you usually do your crafts alone or with friends? Which do you prefer? I usually do my crafts with someone in the room, whither it's with my husband gaming, or with my sister-in-law, or a bunch of ladies at a crop... I prefer not to scrap alone, unless it is for "me time" without the kiddos.

Another Bonus Question I missed from week 2: What is your favorite scrappy craft-- scrapbooking, stamping, card making, or something else? I was just telling the ladies at the crop on Saturday that I actually favor altered projects more than I do traditional scrapbooking. They were all interested since I was altering paint cans while they all did layouts. I love altered art because I don't second guess myself as far as design goes, I'm free, and I can more happily own the mistakes :o)
Happy Scrapping Everybody, see you again next week for Sunday Scrappin'.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards! I love them! I want to be part of the retreat to get a can! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Those look great! Can’t wait to see the finished product. I’m going to make a paint can for my sister’s baby shower - but, shh it’s a surprise, don’t tell her. ;) lol It’s so fun to scrap with others, I really miss that.

Anonymous said...

Love love love your cans!!! They are awesome! :)

I have 2 cans that I plan to attempt to alter. Too chicken just yet. lol :)

Anonymous said...

The cans are adorable!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love these!! I love card-making, but am new to attempting altered objects! I’ll definitely have to try these as they’re so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love your paint cans. Someday I might try one after I get the three million other projects done off my list. :)

Anonymous said...

Love these pails! So DELIGHTFUL!

Come Party With Me!

Anonymous said...

I love the paper on these paint cans. Where did you find it? These are ADORABLE!

Our playgroup did Halloween ones lsat year that turned out really cute. I love this craft!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful paint cans, you are very talented.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Found your blog from the Ultimate Blog Party! Very cute paint cans. Since you are a scrapper, I know you are going to want to visit my blog and leave a comment. My sister and I are starting a new online paper crafting company (she is designing these super cute clear polymer stamps). We hope to be open soon, the website (www.pinkpersimmon.com) is not ready yet, but if you visit the blog sign up for our newsletter by commenting on the blog party entry, you will be entered to win a set of clear polymer stamps when we launch our store. (The odds are really good right now, not too many people have heard about us yet!).

Hope I see you over at our blog! (pinkpersimmon.typepad.com) - Darcy & Judi