Hello everyone that is visiting for My Walk Monday, Welcome!
For the past two weeks I have been faithfully reading the book I felt impressed upon my heart to buy at the ladies retreat I went to recently... I have been learning a lot, here is my list... (When I read books I write things that stick-out in a separate journal so I have it all in one place to pray over it and let it sink in better.)
- If I want to die to my self I must willingly suffer.
- God is jealous for my attention and wants what I am most reluctant to give up (what I lean on more than Him). If I am not willing to give it willingly He might take it in love to teach me... do I want this?
- He removes the human help to supply us with Himself (this is hard but I want Him to be first).
- We receive according to our faith, either much or little (I have been praying for a new home), this was encouraging.
- I need to be careful regarding my resistance to the Holy Spirit. I need to stop refusing to drink when I am brought straight to the fountain.
- I need to receive poor circumstances with an enduring trust in the love of my Lord ie. my recent birth experience.
- I need to recognize when I turn good circumstances bad with the attachment to my love of self.
- I want to be fixed, but that is not what I need... I need to be slain! I need to stop looking to be changed automatically and let brokenness come. Only that which is first broken can be fixed. (Heavy I know)
- In my walk I need to stop focusing on living and being kept alive... Instead I need to let death come.
- I need to recognize when I am not willing to conform to God's plan and change when I do.
- The trials I go through and the strength He gives me come in the same measurements (always enough).
- Despair at our imperfections is a greater obstacle than the imperfection itself. (Read that again)
- I need to concentrate more on Jesus...
- If I focus on the things He so wonderfully gives me, I am still focusing partially on me.
- God wants me to LET GO so I can be free to walk closer to Him (He wants me! This was also something strongly impressed upon me at the Ladies Retreat).
- Faith will help me joyfully accept what God has permitted. (Where does faith come from? Rom. 10:17)
- I need not be concerned with how I look or what others will think, I just need to focus on doing God's will for my life.
- "One quiet moment in the presence of God will more than repay you every bit of slander that will ever be leveled against you." (Even by the enemy)
- I need to welcome hardship with friends as the hand of God helping me to grow.
- Either fully surrendered, calm, peaceful and effective or selfish, afriad, angry exhausted and distrated???
- I need to stop continually talking about my problems and just hand them over to God.
- I need to rest knowing that God permits the actions of those that hurt me, and be obedient, quite and gentle no matter how hard it may be.
- I must determine to only hope in God.
- I need to humble myself and submit under His hand, and become submissive and manageable as soon as I notice resistance or disobedience within.
Week 3 Bonus Question: What Bible studies or books of the Bible are you currently going through? And how do you feel about it/them?
My Answer: I am going through Beth Moore's 'Breaking Free' with the women's Bible study at my church. It just started last Thursday so I haven't done any of the homework yet, but I am really VERY excited. I now that God is going to do a work if I am faithful to not jump off the potter's wheel (Isa. 64:8 :o) Just the DVD introduction last week was awesome... here is some of what I already learned...
- Victory always begins with a cry for help.
- Am I more frightened of the Holy Spirit working than I am of the enemy?
- God wants victory in our lives to be the rule, not the exception.
- God wants me to know what went wrong so I can learn... that is is why He doesn't just fix me.
- Our prison doors are locked from the inside!!!!
Just another thought. I will probably add the things I want to share on my Monday post throughout the week from now on, so it's not all late on Sunday night :o) If you want to do the same just start a post after your devotions on Monday morning and save it as a draft adding to it each morning till Monday. See you around my wonderful family in Christ.
Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Ephesians 6:10