So as you know if you read Sunday's post God showed me a lot of disobedience in my life at the retreat I recently went to... well one of my first steps of obedience was to buy this book.
I usually always find interest in the book reviews and always look through the books at the book table, but I NEVER buy any of them, even if I feel like I am supposed to because I always have the excuse of having too many unread books already at home.
Well this time I bought the one that was jumping out at me (now I see... for obvious reasons). It's a good book so far and I am only the second day in... it's a daily devotional type book. Mine was only $3.50, good thing too, it made it easier for me to be obedient in buying it :o)
Here is what I am learning so far (some of it is review but with my disobedience I NEED it)...
- my selfishness is a painful chain that binds me.
- dying to self would be less painful than being bound to it.
- that which is dead does not suffer.
- I can choose to carry the cross God means for me to have, or with my unwillingness to suffer I can add a tormenting inner battle to it.
- I will suffer more and with less growth if I continue with stubbornness clinging to self.
- humility makes me more easily teachable.
- personal weakness helps me realize that God wants me to be lowly and obedient. (There's that word again!) This is a choice I have to make, something I just have to do.
Week 1 Question: Do you know the date of your born-again birthday? How old are you spiritually?
My Answer: Yes it is January 5, 1998. I'm 10 years old this year! :o)