Monday, September 21, 2009

My Walk Monday

My Walk Monday

I had a great weekend. Busy with fellowship - which is why it was so great! On Saturday I scrapbooked sitting between two of my greatest friends (Jenn & Judy). And on Sunday we stayed ALL day (past bedtime even) at our friends house that feels like family to us, it was WONDERFUL! I love that God gave me a weekend full of God-given friends. He even gave me this scripture about them this morning... Proverbs 18:24 "A man of too many friends comes to ruin; but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have been contemplating the goodness of God these past couple days.

So blessed by my loving husband coming home from work on Friday to help me with the kids when I was running low on patience and wanted some blog time :) (Read what I wrote - it's My Freedom Story - share yours!)

So blessed by my sweet and loving children.

So blessed by my time away from those sweet children to be with my loving friends.

So blessed by our new church home, with new friends for us and our children, classes my kids actually LIKE and GREAT teaching for us!

So blessed that God has made me and my family a blessing to another family.

"I will bless you, and you will be a blessing" Genesis 12:2

So blessed that He fulfills His promises!

So blessed that He fought for me - "the Lord your God is He who fights for you, just as He promised you" Joshua 23:10




But I have also been thinking of what He wants me to do. (from Joshua 23)

He wants me to continue to trust Him for a house, He wants me to trust that He has called me to move - "The Lord your God, He will thrust them out from before you and drive them from before you; and you will possess their land, just as the Lord your God promised you." Joshua 23:5

He wants me to fold fast to Him - "you shall hold fast to the Lord your God, as you have done to this day." Joshua 23:8

He wants me to be diligent to love Him, just as vigilant in rest as I am in battle (Joshua 23:11) so I do not go back to being oppressed, being trapped, snared, beaten, blinded and deadened - "the Lord your God will no longer drive out these nations before you. Instead, they will become snares and traps for you, whips on your backs and thorns in your eyes, until you perish from this good land, which the Lord your God has given you." Joshua 23:13


He showed me that if I am not vigilant to cling to Him, if I am not careful to watch my actions and take my thoughts captive, if I am to fall away into a "comfort place" again, or compromise even a "small thing", it is the equivalent of letting the locusts into my home! Into my heart, the home where the Holy Spirit lives... then would start all the swarming on my life, the creeping on my desires, stripping my walk, and gnawing on my Christian existence!

Then I would welcome oppression in! I would open the door to more years to be eaten. My life and the life of those around me would be exposed to utter ruin!

He wants me to trust that He will always do as He says He will do - "You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the Lord your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed." Joshua 23:14

He wants me NOT to turn away from Him again! - "When you transgress the covenant of the Lord your God, which He commanded you, and go and serve other gods and bow down to them, then the anger of the Lord will burn against you, and you will perish quickly from off the good land which He has given you." Joshua 23:16



I want me to do all He has said!!! Lord, thank You for all the blessings, thank You for making me a blessing. Thank You that I can trust in Your character and know that You will do as You say. Thank You for being my refuge, my deliverer, my redeemer! Help me to cling to You, stay close to You in all things, in every decision, in every direction, in every happy moment and sad, in the storm and in the calm. May destruction never have a place in my home or my heart again, never to come in the way of my life, or the lives around me. I am ready for surrender to the abundance You have for me to live in. Thank You that You say You will be faithful to complete me :). I never want to be away from You again, I love You!

1 comment:

Angela said...

He showed me that if I am not vigilant to cling to Him, if I am not careful to watch my actions and take my thoughts captive, if I am to fall away into a "comfort place" again, or compromise even a "small thing", it is the equivalent of letting the locusts into my home! Into my heart, the home where the Holy Spirit lives... then would start all the swarming on my life, the creeping on my desires, stripping my walk, and gnawing on my Christian existence!

this SPOKE VOLUMES to me girl!!!! WOW ,,DOUBLE WOW!!