I am back - and hopefully on track. I am all moved into my new place with the internet on and working. And I have a lot on my mind for sharing.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A jumble of things... not because I am confused in anyway, because "God is not a God of confusion" (1 Corinthians 14:33)... but because I have had a whole lot of thinking goin' on! lol - sorry that reminds me of that Jerry Lee Lewis song. See, I have been thinking so much that I even get jumbled with old rock n roll songs. Maybe it's the pregnancy brain kicking in?
A lot of important things are in there...
- Thinking about God's unconditional love, how He still loves me the same even though I mess things up in some way, shape or form in every single day of my life.
- Thinking about justification, Jesus making me constantly look JUST IF I'ED never sinned. This makes me wanna cry just continuing to think on it as I write...
- Thinking of how God sees me, pure, holy and clean through the blood of Christ (totally crying now!).
- Thinking of how I have always seemed to misunderstand these things in the past.
- Thinking if my spirit and my flesh arm wrestled, which would win?!?! (I have been noticing my problems with sin are that my flesh has always been so much stronger than my spirit.)
- I live my spiritual life sick and weak because I don't "eat" and "drink" enough.
- Prayer really does work, even just praying "please Lord, let no sin rule over me!" (Keep me from deliberate sins! Don't let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. Psalm 19:13 NLT) He has compassion on me because I cry out to Him, like the children of Israel.
- I want to live the rest of my life in restitution.
- I don't want to give into lies like "how can you help others if you cannot help yourself?" - I say "Shut up lier! God is helping me! And He has called me to help others!"
I've been thinking on...
- Sampson - it's never too late to turn a messed up life around for the works of God.
- Jacob - the little, weak, lier, klepto... the God of Abraham, Isaac and JACOB! God still used Jacob, He chose him, He taught him, gave him grace and made a name for him!
- Me - God knows I'm gonna mess things up, but He calls me anyway because He loves me.
Tony Horton (from P90X) "Do your best - and forget the rest!"