Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Late My Walk Monday

My Walk Monday
Late today and struggling again, but better late than not at all! I am happy to be here today reflecting on God in my life, won't you join me?

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17

My Walk Monday, just share what is going on in your walk for the week or just the day so we can run this race together!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us." Romans 8:37




Even though I know my Jesus has set me free from sin and death (Romans 8:2 - "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.")

I still find myself so easily entangled (Hebrews 12:1 - "Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us")!

And what is it that I am called to do about my entanglement? I am to lay it aside... or maybe it other words STOP IT! lol! :)

"Resist the devil and he will flee from you." James 4:7



I was contemplating God's forgiveness and mercy this morning. I have a hard time with the consistence of His grace, not that I am ungrateful for it or I don't want it as often as He gives it. I just wonder why God isn't more like man, or like me. When I am tired of someone continually doing me wrong I want to give up on them in anger. I know God's anger burns for me when I continually grieve His Spirit. But I also know the truth He has shown my heart this morning.

I am just one person. One 27 year old person.

If God is perfectly willing to show the children of Israel (millions of them) grace and forgiveness in the wilderness for 40 years... then why am I listening to the lie that He would no longer want to forgive me???

"He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?" Romans 8:32

Yes, ahhh yes, He loves me no matter what, He's with me no matter what and He forgives me no matter what!

Please share your walk...

No comments: