Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Walk Monday

My Walk Monday
I'm so blessed to see proof of other christians being a sharpening tool in my life.

Yesterday I was having a blah day until a light bulb went off while listening to my husband and another brother in Christ talk through a familiar subject, it was then I realized what was wrong with me!

It's like that also with My Walk Monday, I don't know how many times I go over to visit others participating that I think "WOOH me too!" :)

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17

Now hopefully I will be able to help sharpen you... :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm reading through Hosea in my devotion time and this week I have a clear message from the Lord showing me that He yearns for me... yes me.... and YOU!

Hosea chapter 11...
When I was young He loved me - v.1
Out of my chains He called me "daughter!" - v.1
He taught me to walk - v.3
He took me in His arms and healed me - v.3
He lead me with a bond of love - v.4
He set me free - v.4
He bent down and fed me - v.4

Yet I refused to turn and return to Him - v.5
Still I am bent on turning from Him - v.7
I call Him the One on high, but I do not exult Him - v.7

Even STILL - He will not give me up - v.8
He will not surrender me - v.8
He will not leave me to total destruction - v.8
His heart turns over for me - v.8
He is filled with compassion for me - v.8

Side Note: He promised me (yet again) a house, in the end of verse 11 He declares to me that He will settle me in my house :).



He wants us to RETURN TO HIM...
Hosea 12:6 "Therefore, return to your God, observe kindness and justice, and wait for your God continually."

If we do not return, then what are we?!
Hosea 13:3 "They will be like the morning cloud and like dew which soon disappears, like chaff which is blown away from the threshing floor and like smoke from a chimney."

He has been the Lord our God since our bondage; and we were not to know any god except Him, for there is no savior besides Him. He cared for us in our times of circling rebellion, in the land of drought. When we thought we could take care of ourselves we grew proud and forgot Him. We don't want Him to be like a lion to us, like a leopard who lies in wait by the wayside. We don't want Him to encounter us like a bear robbed of her cubs, to tear us open. We don't want to be torn and devoured! - v.4-8

It is our destruction, O people, that we are against Him, against our help! - v.9

We don't want to be found guilty for rebelling against God! - v.16

Return, O people, to the Lord your God, for you have stumbled because of your iniquity (chosen sin). Repent and return to the Lord. Ask Him to take away all the iniquity and receive you graciously that you may present to Him a thank offering. - v.14:1-2

"Whoever is wise, let him understand these things,
Whoever is discerning, let him know them.
For the ways of the Lord are right,
and the righteous will walk in them,
but transgressors will stumble in them."
Hosea 14:9




Lord thank You for loving me THIS much! For calling me and teaching me and healing me and leading me and freeing me and coming to me and feeding me. I am hear near You now Lord. Help me not to turn from You again. I want to exult You! You who does not give me up or surrender me to my enemy. You who saves me from destroying myself with Your grand compassion. You who reassures me in my impatience. Help me wait for You continually. Forgive me for putting other things and myself before You. Forgive my pride and rebellion. And thank You for Your help! For Your Holy Spirit to comfort me and guide me through my days. Please take away all my iniquity and and receive me graciously. I love You Lord and want to give my life to thank You.

No comments: