Monday, January 05, 2009

My Walk Monday

My Walk Monday

My Walk Mondays mean so much to me considering it was yet another thing God told me to do that I was disobedient on, and like many other things in my life I tend to get complacent in my depression, my selfishness and my laziness, causing me to not even do some of the most important things in life... I do not want life to be like this anymore, I am DONE with complacency!!!

Like Daniel - now I am purposing in my heart not to defile myself in the complacency of this world! (Daniel 1:8 "But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the king's dainties, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.") I know that with a good attitude, some determination and a daily seeking of God's will for my life I CAN BE CHANGED!!!

God has given me a promise before I moved into my new home in October that He would make up to me for the years that were swarmed, eaten, crept upon, stripped and gnawed on. (Joel 2:25)

He also told me to return to Him with ALL my heart, with fasting, weeping and mourning, for He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger, abounding in lovingkindness and relenting of evil. (Joel 2: 11-13)

Now this is what I am REALLY holding on to!...
He told me - He will build me up and not tear me down, and he will plant me and not uproot me! (Jeremiah 42:10) I cannot wait to be firmly planted by the streams of water, I am tired of withering and being weak in everything I do! (Psalm 1:3) God reminded me of the times I used to garden with my daddy... we used to buy the flowers that came already planted in the little 6 pack containers, and my dad would teach me that you would have to separate the roots or break them up a little before you replanted them... well God is showing me that I have already grown a bit in a pot that is now too small for me... it is time to have my roots broken up a bit (which will be painful) so I will be able to spread out and grow better when He plants me in the ground by the stream :o)
The God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory in Christ, wants to perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish us (Romans 5:10) Why don't we just determine in our hearts to LET HIM! :o)

7 comments:

More Than Words said...

Great post, Carolyn!!

I can't wait to spend more time w/ you in 2009!

Schotzy said...

This is a beautiful post and you are not alone in your complacency. I struggle with it too, but my heart is convicted as well. Thanks for the visit to my site and i am adding this button as a reminder to mine! Blessings! Carolyn

Jill said...

Great post!
I'll be back on My Walk Mondays soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn! I would love to join in again. I will participate every other week so that I can also do Motivate Me Monday. They are actually very similar meme's. Motivate Me Monday stemmed from the 5AM club which is a group of women who strive to get up early to read God's Word in order to start the day with Jesus. It has been, well, motivating for me to participate in it. I have begun reading the "Bible in a Year" plan and would really like to stick with it. Both of these meme's will help me with that, I think. :) Thank you and I'm glad you are back doing it again! :) ((Hugs))

BeLoVed AiMeE said...

one of my favorite and very important memes of my week! looking forward to 2009

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

Hey sweetie, long time no talk! How are you doing?? Any better?

Left you an award on my blog. HUGS

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn,
thanks so much for stopping by my blog and checking in on me! I look forward to 2009 too and hope I'll be able to get back to bloggin soon.

Blessings & Hugs, HL