Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday for a Friend

This Friday I am going to think of something I can do for someone else, and share it with everyone.

I was totally excited to get my comment links actually working like everyone else's do. And not too long after they gotta workin' I received a message from a blogger named Karla saying that she loved the idea of tearing photos... well, this friday is for her........



Karla, I wanted to share another layout with you to encourage you in the tearing of your photos. I know it is a scary thing, but only at first, after you do it you will realize it is a great and easy time saver.
Here I tore the edges then inked them black for more of a timeless distressed look to go with the wrought iron in the photos.

Suggestions: Practice both tearing and inking on a "junk" photo first to get the feel of the photo paper opposed to regular paper. If you are inking your photos edges, be sure to leave time to let them dry so the ink does not get all over the place.

If you have never torn before follow my lead... start at the top right corner (top left I think if you are left handed) and work your way down slowly, always tearing towards yourself. Have fun. I gotta run!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Carolyn! I've never had anyone write a post just for me.

I do plan to try this technique and will scan the finished project to send to you. Thank you for sharing your project ideas.