Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Walk

My Walk Monday

After watching a new Veggie Tails Video with my kids this morning (thank you DeAnna) I feel like God has clarified the conviction in my heart. It has been hard to be obedient in becoming a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant because I am not one that is into fashion and make-up wearing 24-7.

Not that that is all Mary Kay is about, because it's not, but in my obedience my enemy has been trying to fill my thoughts with a number of lies and discouragements.

This video (meant for my kids, but ministered to me) really showed me that the feeling in my heart, the conflict against selling "beauty products" is that I need to focus on making my heart, my motives, my intentions and my self beautiful on the inside first.

And even more so, then God will be able to use me as a beauty consultant for His kingdom! :)

I am doing this in obedience to Him, but I also want to make sure I am doing it FOR Him. What you pour into a vessel is what you will get out of it. If I pour in the beauty of His word, prayer, fellowship, and encouragement to the woman I am in contact with I know HIS beauty will be much better than my own :).


No comments: