Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sigh - Ministry Days!

What's up with me and the kids always having bad days on Tuesdays?!

I think it was last Tuesday my youngest daughter threw her head at mine trying to lay down next to me first thing in the morning. I couldn't see straight, I was nauseous, and I had a bump on my forehead all day.

That same daughter also dropped and broke a ceramic plate while trying to carry it to the counter, in the process a piece of the plate cut her face :(

Also my son had what looked like a black eye because he and (again) my younger daughter were out of their beds the night before playing. When daddy went in to check on them, they went running towards their beds and ran dead into each other! Again my daughter's hard head probably hit him. He woke up with a nasty bruise just beneath his eye :(

On top of all this my newborn was not keeping his milk down. Right after I nurse him he spits up, almost every time.

I did find out later in the week that he probably has acid reflux.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wow after looking at how LAST week's Tuesday was, today is not so bad :) My forehead no longer hurts to touch, my daughter's face is healed, my son's bruise is much lighter, and my newborn is on a small dose of Zantac to help him keep his milk down :) Things I can now see to be thankful for.


No wonder God showed me three times over in the last week...
"This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24


Also I think I now see that in these bad days instead of letting my husband bless me, take the night off from youth group and manage the house all night - we should force ourselves out of the house, because OBVIOUSLY the enemy wants us not to go.

I confess - I still want to give in, it just seems easier.

But I know we will be all the more welcomed showing up all battered and beaten, LOL!!!

1 comment:

More Than Words said...

Man, girl!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes...that is total warfare!!

And, oh my gosh, I was totally picturing your kids running into each other!

I miss ya, and I want to see the baby!!