- Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do... Just copy this email/post and paste into a new e-mail/post to share with others. Change all the answers so that they apply to you.... here's mine.....
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Definitely wrapping paper (with handmade scrap-paper bows :o)
2. Real tree or Artificial? Definitely real - mostly preferred to cut one down :o) We got a tall one this year because our new house has high ceilings.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually we go get it the day after Thanksgiving and put it up that same day - this year we were a bit late :o)
4. When do you take the tree down? Hopefully by the New Year.
5. Favorite gift received as a child? My toy barbie stretch limousine with the spa in the back.
6. Hardest person to buy for? Anyone when you have no money.
7. Easiest person to buy for? My kids because they are so sweet - they would be happy to play with coal! lol
8. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, but it's not ever what anyone expects - it's very small!
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail and usually handmade as well, but this year God is teaching us to live without.... but I did get a beautiful handmade card from a missionary couple in Africa we pray for, look......
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Tangerines and walnuts.
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Maybe in October if I find the right thing for the right person.
12. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No - but I did receive an awesome recycled gift from a gift exchange last year....
13. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My grandma's peadogs (or at least that's what she calls them, I think they are really ... it's a latvian food... I've always loved these things!!!! I need to learn how to make them like she does....
14. Lights on the tree? Yes definitely and in the rooms as well (thank you Mary).....
15. Favorite Christmas song? Mary Did you Know and Carol of the Bells!
16. Travel at Christmas or stay home? My family would love to travel to the Snow around Christmastime, but on Christmas day we stay home.
17. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes - Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Doner, Blitzen, and Rudolf ... it's easy... I memorize songs way too well.
18. Angel on the tree top or a star? I would like a good looking star - but we have a crocheted and starched angel ;o)
19. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve with my side of the family at my Uncles house and Christmas morning with my own little family... Christmas day with my hubby's side of the family.
20. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Santa Claus! And how he seems to sound so much like God! You notice that he has a lot of names and seems to be all knowing and ever present - "he see's you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows if you've been bad or good".... that's worrisome!!!
21. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like my Mary had a little Lamb ornament - because He died for His flock! Amen!
22. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey just like Thanksgiving!
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? I would really like to have my wedding and engagement ring re-sized and plated with white gold but I know that is way too much to ask for!
24. Who is most likely to respond to this? Alicia :o)
- Now for some questions I would like to add...
2. What is your favorite Christmas movie? Mine is White Christmas. Vera-Ellen was an amazing dancer and I love Rosemary Clooney's voice!!
3. Do you pretend Santa for your kids - or do they know he is pretend? My kids are still pretty young but I always tell them that the story of Santa is just that - a story, but they know Jesus is real :o)
4. Do you hang stockings? Where and how? Yes - this year they are on my mantle! but previous years they would just be on a wall with command strips (I love those things!)
5. Does your family have any birthdays near Christmas? Yes - my sister Charleen and my daughter JJ.