Friday, March 19, 2010

Mmm! Musical Mom Meme

Here's another game I as tagged with back in February of '09... thank you Linda.
This one was really quite fun! And I am actually glad it took me so long to play along, because now I have more music than I would have a year ago :).

Instructions:
  1. Put your iPod (MP3 player or iTunes) on shuffle.
  2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
  3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS!
  4. Tag some Moms you admire who could use a laugh and a song.
If you wanna play consider yourself tagged. Then let me know so I can come peek at the way your music writes your story as a mom! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  1. HOW DID YOU BECOME A MOM?
    Marathons (lol - they do compare childbirth to running a marathon :)


  2. WHAT DID YOU THINK THE FIRST TIME YOU SAW YOUR BABY?
    I Give you my Heart (Totally and completely perfect!)


  3. WHAT DID YOU DO THE FIRST MORNING AFTER A SLEEPLESS NIGHT?
    Comatose (Meaning inactive, lethargic, sluggish - another perfect one - lol)


  4. WHAT DO YOU SAY WHEN SOMEONE COLORS ON THE WALL?
    King of Glory (Not sure how that one would work for me, because I certainly wouldn't take His name vain.)


  5. HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH A TODDLER’S BODILY FLUID ISSUES?
    I'm Never Alone (This one made me smile - He is always here with me to help me handle the difficult things in life... and every mom has to deal with very sam thing :)


  6. IF SOMEONE SAYS “Can I have a snack?” YOU SAY?
    Famous One (How do YOU think this applies??? - like "no, nice try kid!"?)


  7. IF SOMEONE LEAVES THEIR STUFF ON THE FLOOR, YOU SAY?
    A Whole New World (Is what it could be if we could see the floor and not trip on toys.)


  8. IF SOMEONE ISN’T SICK TODAY, YOU SAY?
    Everyday (I don't "say" it, I pray it! Lord please could they not be sick EVERYDAY?)


  9. HOW DO YOUR KIDS ENJOY YOUR COOKING?
    Things of This World (They pass away like the song says, we need to be thankful for what we have no matter what quality it is.)


  10. HOW DID YOUR KIDS DO IN SCHOOL TODAY?
    Contact (That's a good start :)


  11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF WHILE SITTING IN CARPOOL LINE?
    Satisfied in You (So true, the car is where it is always so easy to remind myself that God's overwhelming good overcomes my puny bad.)


  12. HOMESCHOOLERS, WHAT IS THE FIRST SUBJECT TAUGHT OF THE DAY?
    Don't Stop Dancing (A-men!)


  13. WHAT DO YOUR KIDS WANT TO BE WHEN THEY GROW UP?
    Low Rider (LOL)


  14. WHAT DO YOU WANT YOUR KIDS TO BE WHEN THEY GROW UP?
    Love is a Verb (A-men again!)


  15. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY AS A MOM?
    Love Song for a Savior (I am blessed to think God let this song come up to encourage me that He is blessed by me as a mother :)


  16. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE AS A MOM?
    Breathe (Just breathe :)


  17. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO AS A MOM?
    With Arms Wide Open (A-men again again, WOW!)


  18. HOW DID YOU KNOW YOU WERE REALLY A MOM?
    Burn for You (I am nothing without Christ who strengthens me and I know it is all real when I feel that strength burning through me.)


  19. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT MOST OFTEN AS A MOM?
    Go Your Own Way (If I went my own way it would be a bunch of lonely days.)


  20. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY AS A MOM?
    Gone (Hopefully I am not absent as a mom... but more true to the song that I would live each day if it were my last, Carpe Diem, "you never know what you got till it's gone".)


  21. WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU REGRET AS A MOM?
    Baby be Mine ("and girl I'll give you all I got to give" - I regret my laziness and not giving it my all.)


  22. WHAT IS THE BEST THING YOU’VE EVER DONE AS A MOM?
    He Works (I let God work on me and through me.)


  23. WHAT DO YOUR KIDS DO THAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
    First Love (My daughter's first crush is one of our old youth boys and it always makes us laugh when she says she's going to marry him and that she loves him - in our opinion she couldn't pick anyone better!)


  24. WHAT DO YOUR KIDS DO THAT MAKES YOU CRY?
    Here I Go Again (Sometimes I get frustrated and cry when they don't listen and I have to tell them a million times.)


  25. WHAT DO YOUR KIDS DO THAT SCARES YOU THE MOST?
    Since I Met You (When they get older I am scared that they will have nothing to show unless they turn to the Lord.)


  26. HOW DO YOUR KIDS DESCRIBE YOU AS THEIR MOM?
    L-O-V-E (This is a very sweet answer if you know this song... and I only hope they see me as very loving, sometimes I feel it is the only thing I get right.)


  27. IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?
    I Dreamt of Edward (Oh dear - I gotta get those Twilight songs off my computer - or at least make up my own name for them :)


  28. WHAT WILL YOUR MOM OF THE YEAR CERTIFICATE SAY?
    I Wanna be Just like You (A-men - I wanna be like Jesus.)



*I tried to get a clip of as many of my songs as possible so you could hear them if you wanted to see what song I am talking about. Some of them are not the same artist I own, but you get the point. Others like 18, 23 and 28 aren't even available. 18 was a song my friend Bethany wrote (beautiful), 23 is a (GREAT) song by a band that is no longer around called Footstool and 28 is by another old group called Go Fish.

No comments: